Monday, October 25, 2010

Singapore Day 1: Getting Lost and Disappointment with SG Flyer

Tuesday, October 19
Getting Lost and Disappointment with SG Flyer
DSC06014

One lesson I learned during our Singapore trip: Never ever change your itinerary! The first day itinerary was supposed to be shopping in Bugis but Jenny (the owner of Travellers Inn) asked us if we wanted to purchase the SG Flyer and Night Safari package since we would save money. So we decided to purchase tickets on a whim but then even though we saved, we lost a lot of time. :(

Since our itinerary was changed, we could not use the travel plan we made with the help of gothere.sg. We took the mrt but then after that, we were lost. We did not know how far away SG Flyer is or how long we would walk. We asked around but then they also did not have any idea. Because of that, my mom and I even got into a fight since I was really pissed off because of the lost time. It was a good thing that we went down once again to the MRT and the officer there was really helpful. However, we still had to walk for a few minutes.

DSC05942
DSC05947

Though the distance may seem short for some, for people with aching feet and a throbbing headache it was not. There was also a short delay in boarding the SG Flyer since it was raining a bit but I am glad that after several minutes, the staff informed us that we were ready to go.

DSC05977
DSC05956
DSC05969

I admit, I was disappointed with the SG Flyer. :( don’t know if it was my headache or the noisy kids in the capsule with us but for me, the price is not worth it. For 29.50 SGD, I can have a more wonderful view of the city in Marina Bay Sands Skypark. There was not much to do in the 30 minutes inside the capsule since you can just sit and stand while watching the view. I was also annoyed that I was given a defective audio device. However, maybe we just came at a wrong time since the view of SG Flyer at night from the skypark is nice with the lights and all.

After the ride, we had to wait for the shuttle to pick us up at 6:30 PM from SG Flyer to Night Safari. With plenty of time to spare, my mom and I ate at Popeyes and strolled around the area. Too bad we came on a weekday since the Halloween event is only during weekends. Still, we had fun roaming around the place. :)
DSC05976
DSC05995
DSC05988

Afterwards, we went back to the lobby to wait for the shuttle van. There we saw some tour bus like the HIPPO tour bus and Duck tour bus. I hope next time we can ride in the HIPPO tour bus since I would love to be seated in the second level of the bus to be able to savor the wonderful view of the city. ^_^
DSC06013
DSC06015

3 comments:

  1. Hi karla, yeah, was in Singapore and Jakarta 3 days ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marco - 22 ba uwi mo Philippines? Kasi parang may nakita ako kamukha mo sa airport, hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also experience fighting with my mom when we lost in our trip... which I think usually happens when you losts... naaalala ko yun nung nabasa ko tong posts mo. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

 
 

Statistics

Proudly Pinoy!
free counters

Counters

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines