Friday, December 17, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Threader OST - There's A Place for Us

A few days ago, I watched the Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Threader. By the end of the movie I cannot help but be misty eyed especially when I heard the OST . I immediately researched on the net and found out that the song is called There's a Place for us sung by Carrie Underwood. No wonder the song is good! I truly hope that Carrie  and  the other co-writers of "There's a Place for Us" will win the Golden Globe award for Best Original Song for a Motion Picture. Here are the inspiring lyrics:


There's a place out there for us
More than just a prayer or anything we ever dreamed of.
So if you feel like giving up
Cause you don't fit in down here
Fear is crashing in close your eyes and take my hand.

We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe.
It's written in the stars that shine above
A world where you and I belong
Where faith and love will keep us strong
Exactly who we are is just enough
Yes there's a place for us there's a place for us.

When the water meets the sky
Where your heart is free and hope comes back to life
Where these broken hands are whole again
We will find what we've been waiting for
We were made for so much more

We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe.
It's written in the stars that shine above
A world where you and I belong
Where faith and love will keep us strong
Exactly who we are is just enough
Yes there's a place for us
Now there's a place for us

So hold on now hold on
There's a place for us

We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe.
It's written in the stars that shine above
A world where you and I belong
Where faith and love will keep us strong
Exactly who we are is just enough
Exactly who we are is just enough
There's a place for us 
Nice lyrics right? If you like the song maybe you will also like this wonderful performance in Skating with the Stars. The background music used is "There's a Place for Us "and even the skaters' costumes resemble the costumes used in the movie. Enjoy watching! ^_^

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice OST for the new installment of Narnia... very likeable song. So hows the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great film! i watched the original version when i was young and i'm very positive that i'd like the remake as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the super late reply.

    @ Ian - the movie was nice. I actually did not want to watch it at first because I wanted to watch another movie but I ended up liking the movie :)

    @ Kimmy - I hope I can watch the original version too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
 

Statistics

Proudly Pinoy!
free counters

Counters

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines