A "RUSHED" DAY
Upon arrival at the airport, my mom and I were very excited! We had carefully planned the itinerary for a long time and was looking forward to visiting many places. Unfortunately, the first day of our itinerary was completely spoiled because of the flight delay from Philippine Airlines. Our flight was supposed to leave at 10:30 am but we boarded the plane at around 1:00 pm. :(
Though we were compensated with a free lunch from KFC, what we were worried about was reaching Bangkok in time for our scheduled pick-up to watch Siam Niramit. We had booked in advanced from Asiatravel and it would be a shame if we had to coimute by ourselves since the tickets with pickup were expensive. Thankfully Thailand is one hour delayed from us but we still had to rush at the airport. We felt like we were contestants in the Amazing Race, hehe.
We arrived in Lub D Siam at 4:45 pm and had to rush with the check-in. Since the pick up place is in Siam@Siam Hotel, we still had to walk there costing us to arrive at the pick up place 5 minutes late. However, the staff from Siam@Siam told us to wait for the pickup in the lobby. At first, it was okay but I felt irritated that we had to hurry but then waited for more than 30 minutes for the pick up. Coupled with the traffic in Bangkok, we arrived at our destination at 7:00 pm. We only had an hour to eat and explore the area before the show starts at 8:00 pm. Too bad that I was not able to avail of the elephant ride. :(
I guess the good thing that we had with booking tickets from Asiatravel is that we were seated in a great area. Though we did not have golden seats, we were near the front row so we can clearly see the performers on stage. Taking pictures is not allowed during the show because before entering, you have to surrender your cameras. Do not worry because your cameras will be stored in a nice pouch for safekeeping and you will be given a number tag to claim it. :)
If you want to have an idea of how the show is like, you can watch this youtube video:
I wonder how this youtube uploader manage to video the performance secretly! 0_0
After the show, there is also another chance to take a picture with some of the performers. :)
Overall, I enjoyed Siam Niramit. ^_^ It was a nice show to learn more about the history of Thailand and one can see how they put so much effort to make it good like how elaborate the costumes are. Plus, the effects are simply amazing. Imagine how surprised I was to see a river appear on stage! Watch out also for the heaven and hell scene. This show is recommended for those visiting Thailand. ;)















hi, how much did you pay for the siam niramit show? thanks! great blog by the way :)
ReplyDeleteSorry for the delayed reply. I hope I am not too late in answering. The Siam Niramit show with dinner is worth 2,024.96 pesos in Asiatravel. :)
ReplyDeleteHere is the link: http://packages.asiatravel.com/PackageBooking/Package.List.aspx?lan=en-US&DestCountry=TH&DestCity=BKK