Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cebu: Skywalk Experience at Crown Regency Hotel

I am really afraid of heights. In fact, I once attempted to slide down a swimming pool but chickened out at the last minute. I was already there at the top but seeing as how high it was, I went back down again. So I don’t know what possessed in me to try the skywalk experience. An experience that would have me walking through the outer rim of the 37th floor of Crown Regency Hotel!

Before our group (cousins Jace & Arvi, Kuya Soc and I) started the Skywalk, we had to change into our orange jumpsuits first. Being petite, I was given a jumpsuit for children since the next size would be too large for me. My jumpsuit was really bodyfit and the length was a bit short. It was as short as Capri pants, hehe. :D I was glad that Arvi had extra socks with him so I did not have to buy socks anymore.

2
Kuya Soc, Me, Arvi & Jace pretending to be Brave Ninjas!

While we were changing into our jumpsuits, there were also two children with us. I found out that they were siblings vacationing from Tacloban. I was impressed that they were not accompanied by their parents in the skywalk. I felt ashamed that I was so nervous yet these two children, who were only 11 and 12 years old, were so brave.

Since the skywalk experience would be by group, the two children were not with us. We were only accompanied by two staffs: the guide and photographer. Aside from the no jewelry policy, we were also not allowed to bring our own cameras so the photographer would be the one to take our pictures.

Honestly, my heart was beating so fast when I stepped out into the skywalk area. I saw how the first few steps would have us walk on a curving outer rim with both edges exposing the area. I even cried because I was so scared! The guide had to lead me and walk with me for a bit.

3
4
See the curved outer rim? That’s why I was so scared to walk on it.

After the first set of group picture taking took place, I already managed to compose myself. Although I was walking quite slow, I was thankful that Kuya Soc was at my back to assist me. During the solo picture taking, we were asked to stand at the edge. I was still a bit afraid so notice that I was only standing near the middle, hehe.

5

Since we walked in a circle around the hotel, we had to walk past an area where visitors can view us through the glass windows. There was a funny moment where Arvi and I were waving at my mom and aunt and two Chinese women were the ones who waved back, hehe. :D Before the skywalk experience ended, there was another set of group photoshoot.

6
7
8

After the skywalk experience, we had the option to choose if we wanted to have our pics printed or have it burned in a cd. The cd was a better option since it would be more expensive to have every pic printed. For the cd, we paid 900+. It contained a total of 18 pictures, 2 solo pictures of each of us and 10 group pics.

Though I was scared, I was really happy to be given a chance to experience this. I knew that if I wouldn’t try, I would forever regret my decision. It was also cool to receive a certificate like this:
9

So for all those living in Cebu or is planning a trip to Cebu, try to visit Crown Regency Hotel. You will surely enjoy the skywalk experience and other attractions like Edge Coaster and 4d Theater. For rates and schedules, please refer to the official website: http://www.skyexperienceadventure.com/main/rates-and-schedule/.

12 comments:

  1. whoa! ang ganda. now ko lang nakita pics ng skywalk at night. looks like you had fun despite your fear of heights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, ang ganda ng view. :) Nagpose lang ako for the camera pero deep inside kabado talaga, hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karla..thanks for the comment..<3 gosh..I wasn't able to try this skywalking thing..but I'd love to do it hopefully the next time I visit Cebu..c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe next time matatry mo ang skywalk :) May edge coaster din dun kaso parang mas nakakatakot yun kasi nakatilt ka talaga, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should have also tried the EDGE COASTER. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. naku parang di ko kaya edge coaster. maybe next time magkakaroon ako ng courage to try it, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha good job for havin this experience! edge coaster naman! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though I'm afraid of heights, I've always wanted to try this! They have the Edge Coaster and they're building another ride over there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also want to try this!
    actually me and sister will going to try the edge coaster.

    and they actually have a promo.
    check this site:
    http://saveleisurely.blogspot.com/2011/02/todays-deal-only-p7999-on-cebu-sky.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the info :) I hope Crown Regency will have more promos

    ReplyDelete
  11. naku magsisi kayo sa presyo at sa adventure ng skywalk na yan.. for me it's not worth it :P plus you have to pay 200 pesos for your 1 souvenir photo. i wont recommend this to any of my friends.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi anonymous! :) I think depende naman yan sa interest ng tao. At di hamak na mas mura ang skywalk sa Cebu kaysa sa Macau. :)

    Tama ka. Sobrang mahal nga ang 200 pesos sa isang pic. Pero dati ay meroon naman silang cd with compiled pics kaya sulit yun lalo na pag group. Di ko lang alam kung temporary lang tinanggal or permanent na yung sa cd. :(

    ReplyDelete

 
 

Statistics

Proudly Pinoy!
free counters

Counters

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines