Thursday, September 16, 2010

DAY 1: NGONG PING VILLAGE


May 30, 2010, Sunday

My first step on foreign soil became possible with the help of my older sister, Larla. She informed us of the Buy 1 Take 1 promo of Ranz (her friend who owned an online travel agency). For only P10,000/person, one can have a round trip ticket from Manila to Hong Kong and vice versa via Hong Kong Express, 2 nights stay at Dorsett Far East Hotel or Panda Hotel, 1 night stay either in Macau or Shenzhen plus free HK City Tour on the 2nd day. It was a pretty good deal!

Not having enough Hong Kong dollars wasn't a big problem as our tour guide, Yannie , had ready money to exchange for our dollars.

While my cousins and aunts joined the Ocean Park Tour, my mom and I decided to go our own way to Ngong Ping Village. After freshening up and eating lunch at Spaghetti House near our hotel, my mom and I looked for the MRT. We had trouble asking directions due to language barrier but we were lucky enough to meet a fellow Filipina who helped us navigate the MRT. What was funny was she thought that my mom and I were Japanese so she spoke to us in English until I asked her if she was Filipina. It must be our colored hair! :D

A peek of the crystal glass floor of the cable car

The cable car ride to Ngong Ping Village was an adventure itself! My mom and I chose to ride in a crystal cabin and it was scary as we had the cabin all by ourselves. It also started to rain a bit as we got closer to our destination.

A view of the cable cars and Lantau Island

Many tourists flocked to Ngong Ping Village

The scary cable car ride was definitely worth it when we finally arrived at Ngong Ping Village. The place was wonderful and it also houses many different restaurants and shops. We were able to buy nice studded t-shirts there. We also enjoyed Walking with Buddha and Monkey’s Tale Theatre.

My mom and the nice view of the Big Buddha

Me posing near the Monkey's Tale Theatre entrance

Notice the cute mini cable cars at the back? ^_^

The view of the Giant Buddha became more apparent as we walked further. It was a bit foggy and rainy that day so we skipped going up to the Giant Buddha. We just took pics of the area and strolled around Po Lin Monastery.

There are many warrior statues on the way to Po Lin Monastery.

Too bad it was foggy so the view of the Giant Buddha is not clear. :(

Though it was tiring, I really had fun in Ngong Ping Village. I hope that someday I can go back to this place.

3 comments:

  1. Awww... Nakakamiss ang Hong Kong. Will definitely go back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! So many places to see pa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sis, just hopping by! Just follow your page :) Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
 

Statistics

Proudly Pinoy!
free counters

Counters

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines