I remembered how back then I enjoyed Cebu Pacific’s inflight games. Now, Cebu Pacific is adding a new fun to their flights by incorporating a new strategy, dancing flight attendants!
With over 6 million views as of this date, one can say that this video of the dancing flight attendants of Cebu Pacific has become a hit! It has even been featured in CNN, Fox5, UK Post and other foreign news. In spite of the popularity, there are also criticisms that come with it. Some netizens said that it disregards the proper safety demonstration while the Flight Attendants and Stewards Association of the Philippines (FASAP) and Gabriela deemed it inappropriate for flight attendants to dance in front of passengers as they are not entertainers.
However, I believe that there is nothing wrong with this issue. This new type of safety demonstration is even a creative means of catching the attention of passengers. Let’s face it, not all people listen or watch the safety demonstration of flight attendants. With this kind of demonstration, people will be curious and watch the safety demonstration until the very end. The voiceover is also very clear in spite of the background music. Most importantly, the management of Cebu Pacific already clarified that it does not replace the serious safety demo and the dance demonstration was done at cruising altitude during their test flights.
I hope that we will get to see this personally during our flight to Singapore on October 19। For now, I will leave you guys with the dance rehearsal of the flight attendants:
With over 6 million views as of this date, one can say that this video of the dancing flight attendants of Cebu Pacific has become a hit! It has even been featured in CNN, Fox5, UK Post and other foreign news. In spite of the popularity, there are also criticisms that come with it. Some netizens said that it disregards the proper safety demonstration while the Flight Attendants and Stewards Association of the Philippines (FASAP) and Gabriela deemed it inappropriate for flight attendants to dance in front of passengers as they are not entertainers.
However, I believe that there is nothing wrong with this issue. This new type of safety demonstration is even a creative means of catching the attention of passengers. Let’s face it, not all people listen or watch the safety demonstration of flight attendants. With this kind of demonstration, people will be curious and watch the safety demonstration until the very end. The voiceover is also very clear in spite of the background music. Most importantly, the management of Cebu Pacific already clarified that it does not replace the serious safety demo and the dance demonstration was done at cruising altitude during their test flights.
I hope that we will get to see this personally during our flight to Singapore on October 19। For now, I will leave you guys with the dance rehearsal of the flight attendants:








Yes that's true... You can actually count the people who really listen to the safety demo... This may get negative feedbacks but if it's effective, then there's nothing wrong with it. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, there's nothing wrong if this is more effective in making the passengers watch the safety demo. :) I even saw one article that the safety demo will be done twice, one serious and this one. I hope I can verify the authenticity of this when we will be flying with Cebu Pacific this 19. :)
ReplyDeleteAgree! Agree! There is nothing wrong with these dancing flight attendants. I don't understand some people who gave negative feedbacks. They are modestly dressed naman while doing the safety demo and dancing. No big deal, right?
ReplyDeleteHi sis! Visiting u here from GT. I'm inviting u to visit my blog Pink MagaLine pala. I have a monthly giveaway there. You might want to join. See ya! :D
I honestly like it... makes the passenger pay attention... whether they like it or not, they will watch and listen haha! :))
ReplyDelete+1
ReplyDeleteadmit it, no one listens to the intructions anymore. the games draw more attention actually. hehe
there's nothing wrong with dancing and being a sexy pinay. lahat naman ng asian countries may trademark na ng pagiging sex tourisy, why being so defensive now? =)
@ Mrs. Kolca
ReplyDelete- Yes, they were modestly dressed naman at the girl looks like she is having fun so I don't think there is anything wrong. Siguro kung skimpy ang damit at ang kanta inappropriate dapat talaga ireklamo but I think sana maappreciate naman ang ganitong strategy. :)
Thanks for visiting my site pala sis. Sige, I will drop by your site. Medyo nadelay lang kasi inayos ko pa ang layout.
@Lhey
- yup, I really like it too. Its fun to watch and I can remember the demo more. :D
@Chyng
- I'm guilty of that sometimes. Kaya nga I like how Cebu Pacific thought of this strategy. :) And there really is nothing wrong with dancing. Mababaw lang naman sana ang issue. Siguro understandable if magreklamo sila kasi nabreach ang safety ng passengers pero magreklamo para lang sa dancing demo is too much.