Fun Time at Universal Studios Singapore
Our second day started pretty late as we had to move our things to the room next door because of the hostel booking problems I blogged about in my previous entry. We arrived in Vivo City at about 11:40 am.
Before boarding the Sentosa Express (3SGD/pax) to Universal Studios Singapore (USS), my mom and I decided to go inside the National Geographic Store first. Aside from nice items, there was a freezing chamber where you can test how long you will stand a cold environment. Too bad I did not get to try it as we were already behind schedule.
When we arrived in Waterfront station, we purchased tickets for the 7:40 pm Songs of the Sea show and then headed to the basement level 1 kiosks. It was there that we would get our USS tickets from the Asiatravel booth. A tip for Philippine residents: Don’t fret if you do not have a credit card! You can purchase USS tickets directly at the Asiatravel office located in G/F Edgardo Angara Wing, IBP Bldg Jade St. , Ortigas Center, Pasig City ;)
Before going inside USS, we also checked out the Hersheys Chocolate Store. I simply love that store! Pure chocolate overdose, hehe :D You can even purchase a personalized syrup bottle complete with your own picture in it!
As soon as we got inside USS, we claimed the food and souvenir vouchers ($5 each) at the guest services office located at the left side of the theme park. After that, we bumped into Frankenstein who was on the streets of Hollywood. He was really tall! As you can see, I only reached to above his waist! :D
We did not seem to have enough of monsters as we watched Monster Rock after our photo session with Frankenstein. It was a good thing that the show was about to start in a few minutes when we got inside the theater!
After watching the musical, my mom and I were both really hungry! It was already 1:00 pm and our stomachs were growling as we did not eat breakfast prior to going to USS. Luckily, Mel’s Drive-In is not far away so we quickly chowed on our lunch of chicken fingers, fries, hamburger and coke. The food voucher was pretty useful as my mom only had to pay 4SGD extra for our food.
In the kingdom of Far, Far Away, we watched the Shrek 4D Adventure. The effects were good but then the introduction was a bit long. After that was the Donkey’s Tale Theater. It reminded me of the Lilo and Stitch interactive attraction in HK Disneyland.
Next stop was supposed to be Waterworld but then the show was at 4:30 pm. With still 30 minutes to spare, my mom and I just went straight to the Lost World. The Canopy Flyer ride seemed exciting but I know it is too extreme for my mom. I am also too chicken to go by myself so we just settled for the harmless flying dinosaur ride, hehe.
We also had time for some picture taking in Egypt before the Waterworld show starts. I read some blogs before that the Revenge of the Mummy ride was like a scarier version of Space Mountain so I did not dare ride it. Plus, my cousin Arvi was not there to be the poor person whom I can clutch on to, hehe.
After that, we headed back to Waterworld. If you do not have plans on getting splashed then sit at the red section. Before the show started, some of the actors kept pulling pranks on the audience in the blue and green splash section by soaking them with water! :D Don’t miss the waterworld show as it is full of action and special effects. Last show is at 4:30 pm. ;)
It seems we also did not have enough of water as our next ride is in the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure which is like the Rio Grande Ride in Enchanted Kingdom. If you do not want your things to get wet, you can rent a locker for 4SGD. You can also buy a disposable raincoat for 2SGD. However, I would recommend that you bring some extra clothes with you as even though we had disposable raincoats we were pretty soaked at the end of the ride.
After that, we rode on the cart ride and explored Sci-Fi City. I think Battlestar Galactica is still not open yet.
In New York, we went to Lights, Camera Action where we were taken to a movie set and got to experience a typhoon right in front of our eyes. After that, we snapped some pictures around the area while we waited for the Rockafella Streetboys show to start.
If you are familiar with the dance group Streetboys, then you may recognize the Rockafella Streetboys as some of the members of this famous group! ^_^ The show was actually pretty good and there were even some people who sat on the floor of the streets just to watch. Afterwards, there was a picture taking with the group. Too bad our pic with the Rockafella Streetboys is blurry. :(
Before going to the USS main store, we passed by a shop that sells hats and different items. There were many people outside the shop trying on some hats so my mom and I also did the same.
To remember the fun time we had in USS, my mom and I bought USS t-shirts. The adult size was too big for me so I settled for a kid’s size 8 shirt which fits me perfectly. All in all, I can say that I really had a wonderful time at USS! ^_^ Between USS and HK Disneyland, I would pick USS because even though the theme park is small, it has much more to offer for adults.
Before I end my blog post, I would like to extend a warm hug and thanks to my father and sister, Larla, for making this USS experience possible. ^_^ I hope that next time they can go with us. I really miss their company as both of them are currently living overseas. :(
Our second day started pretty late as we had to move our things to the room next door because of the hostel booking problems I blogged about in my previous entry. We arrived in Vivo City at about 11:40 am.
Before boarding the Sentosa Express (3SGD/pax) to Universal Studios Singapore (USS), my mom and I decided to go inside the National Geographic Store first. Aside from nice items, there was a freezing chamber where you can test how long you will stand a cold environment. Too bad I did not get to try it as we were already behind schedule.
When we arrived in Waterfront station, we purchased tickets for the 7:40 pm Songs of the Sea show and then headed to the basement level 1 kiosks. It was there that we would get our USS tickets from the Asiatravel booth. A tip for Philippine residents: Don’t fret if you do not have a credit card! You can purchase USS tickets directly at the Asiatravel office located in G/F Edgardo Angara Wing, IBP Bldg Jade St. , Ortigas Center, Pasig City ;)
Before going inside USS, we also checked out the Hersheys Chocolate Store. I simply love that store! Pure chocolate overdose, hehe :D You can even purchase a personalized syrup bottle complete with your own picture in it!
As soon as we got inside USS, we claimed the food and souvenir vouchers ($5 each) at the guest services office located at the left side of the theme park. After that, we bumped into Frankenstein who was on the streets of Hollywood. He was really tall! As you can see, I only reached to above his waist! :D
We did not seem to have enough of monsters as we watched Monster Rock after our photo session with Frankenstein. It was a good thing that the show was about to start in a few minutes when we got inside the theater!
After watching the musical, my mom and I were both really hungry! It was already 1:00 pm and our stomachs were growling as we did not eat breakfast prior to going to USS. Luckily, Mel’s Drive-In is not far away so we quickly chowed on our lunch of chicken fingers, fries, hamburger and coke. The food voucher was pretty useful as my mom only had to pay 4SGD extra for our food.
In the kingdom of Far, Far Away, we watched the Shrek 4D Adventure. The effects were good but then the introduction was a bit long. After that was the Donkey’s Tale Theater. It reminded me of the Lilo and Stitch interactive attraction in HK Disneyland.
Next stop was supposed to be Waterworld but then the show was at 4:30 pm. With still 30 minutes to spare, my mom and I just went straight to the Lost World. The Canopy Flyer ride seemed exciting but I know it is too extreme for my mom. I am also too chicken to go by myself so we just settled for the harmless flying dinosaur ride, hehe.
We also had time for some picture taking in Egypt before the Waterworld show starts. I read some blogs before that the Revenge of the Mummy ride was like a scarier version of Space Mountain so I did not dare ride it. Plus, my cousin Arvi was not there to be the poor person whom I can clutch on to, hehe.
After that, we headed back to Waterworld. If you do not have plans on getting splashed then sit at the red section. Before the show started, some of the actors kept pulling pranks on the audience in the blue and green splash section by soaking them with water! :D Don’t miss the waterworld show as it is full of action and special effects. Last show is at 4:30 pm. ;)
It seems we also did not have enough of water as our next ride is in the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure which is like the Rio Grande Ride in Enchanted Kingdom. If you do not want your things to get wet, you can rent a locker for 4SGD. You can also buy a disposable raincoat for 2SGD. However, I would recommend that you bring some extra clothes with you as even though we had disposable raincoats we were pretty soaked at the end of the ride.
After that, we rode on the cart ride and explored Sci-Fi City. I think Battlestar Galactica is still not open yet.
In New York, we went to Lights, Camera Action where we were taken to a movie set and got to experience a typhoon right in front of our eyes. After that, we snapped some pictures around the area while we waited for the Rockafella Streetboys show to start.
If you are familiar with the dance group Streetboys, then you may recognize the Rockafella Streetboys as some of the members of this famous group! ^_^ The show was actually pretty good and there were even some people who sat on the floor of the streets just to watch. Afterwards, there was a picture taking with the group. Too bad our pic with the Rockafella Streetboys is blurry. :(
Before going to the USS main store, we passed by a shop that sells hats and different items. There were many people outside the shop trying on some hats so my mom and I also did the same.
To remember the fun time we had in USS, my mom and I bought USS t-shirts. The adult size was too big for me so I settled for a kid’s size 8 shirt which fits me perfectly. All in all, I can say that I really had a wonderful time at USS! ^_^ Between USS and HK Disneyland, I would pick USS because even though the theme park is small, it has much more to offer for adults.
Before I end my blog post, I would like to extend a warm hug and thanks to my father and sister, Larla, for making this USS experience possible. ^_^ I hope that next time they can go with us. I really miss their company as both of them are currently living overseas. :(



































wow! buti ka pa nakapag-USS.yan un di ko napuntahan when i went on vacation to SG last July.
ReplyDeleteYes, revenge of the mummy ride was more thrilling and exciting than Disney's Space Mountain. Ang haba pa ng lakad before you get tp the ride itself and you are required to leave your bags and other belongings and store them in temporary free lockers outside. But it was well-worth it!!! This was one hell of a ride that ha made US Singapore better than Disney HK.
ReplyDeletewe didn't see the streetboys dun! some of the mascots (human performers) you saw weren't around when we were there, like sa Egypt. we saw a mascot na pharaoh and an egyptian warrior, sa inyo naman a princess and another warrior. hahaha, cute! and i must agree with the previous person who left a comment, the best ride ata sa USS yung revenge of the mummy.
ReplyDeleteNever paid a visit in the Universal Studios theme park in Singapore :( but I would really love to visit the Hershey's store someday.
ReplyDeleteMarami na talagang mapupuntahan sa SG unlike before 2001... ngayon may SG flyer na, Marina Sky Park, Universal Studios, Resorts World, etc... aside from Sentosa and Merlion... At madami pang dinedevelop, sana hindi pa maging pricey ang mga hotels sa SG.
ReplyDelete@Mel - Baka po next time pagpunta SG mapuntahan nyo na po ang USS ^_^
ReplyDelete@Anonymous - Wow! Looks like you really enjoyed revenge of the mummy ride. If only my cousins were with me then I would have courage to ride Revenge of the Mummy.
@Ayen - baka nga iba-iba kasi nakita ko sa pics ng friend ko iba ang mascots dun sa may Egypt at may mascots din sa sci-fi section. :)
sayang talaga di ko natry ang revenge of the mummy. sana may next time, hehe.
@hangingbridge - maybe next time po makavisit na po kayo sa USS. :) Pero the Hersheys store is really nice lalo na pag may sweet tooth ka. I would also love to go back since hindi kami nakapagpagawa nung personalized syrup bottle.
@Ian - yup, madami na nga compared sa dati kaya ang daming tourists sa SG. Naku, ang pricey ng mga hotels lalo na if i-compare mo sa ibang countries. Kung sa Thailand sa value na yun suite na pero sa SG maliit lang na room kaya we opted to stay in a hostel na lang para makatipid.
Ganda ng mga pics! I hope to bring my baby girl there when she's old enough to enjoy it. Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from GT!
Hi sis (",) sis mas ok ba kung kuha kame ng tickets for USS sa Asia Travel? mas makakatipid ba?
ReplyDeletehope for your reply...
http://denzdiane.multiply.com
denz_diane@yahoo.com
Thanks,
*sis purpleish (diane)
@Jellybelly
ReplyDelete- Thanks for visiting sis :) Yup, USS is really nice. Maeenjoy talaga siya both kids and adults ^_^
@Dianne
- I think same price lang yung tickets sa Asiatravel. :) Ang advantage lang niya ay pwede ka magbayad ng cash and talagang guaranteed safe sa Asiatravel :) Bumili din kami kaagad kasi baka maubusan kami tickets for that particular day so to be sure lang din :)
is the voucher available for everyone? :)
ReplyDelete