Saturday, October 30, 2010

Singapore Day 3: Exploring Bugis and Orchard Road

Thursday, October 21
Exploring Bugis and Orchard Road

Since Lavender Station is only one stop from Bugis station, my mom and I decided to go to Bugis first. Bugis Junction is right next to the MRT so after having lunch, we decided to explore the mall.
DSC06231

As seen from the picture above, the mall has little stalls at the center selling cute trinkets and other stuff. It was at one of these stalls that I was able to buy this cute wallet:
DSC06381
DSC06382

We were also pretty lucky to buy a beautiful jumpsuit and a sweater from the Puremilk store at only 30SGD for both items! ^_^ The original price of the jumpsuit was 58SGD and the sweater was 43SGD so we got a really good deal!

After that, we went outside to go to Bugis street. It reminded me of Divisoria where there are different stalls clustered in an area. The clothes there were pretty cheap as some were priced at only 10 SGD! ;) On the way out, we saw these colorful stairs so I took a picture of it.

DSC06233

We also explored the different shops in Waterloo street. If you like bargain shopping, then I think that you would enjoy staying at South East Asia Hotel. Its location is very near to bargain stalls in Waterloo street and only a few minutes walk to Bugis street! No wonder it is highly recommended by some forum members as its location is really great! ;)
southeastasia

A few minutes walk from Waterloo is Manila! Presenting Manila street in Singapore:
DSC06237

From bargain shopping, we went window shopping in Orchard Road. If you are into high end and branded stuff then this place is for you! ;)

DSC06238
DSC06241
DSC06243
DSC06244
To be honest, I like Bugis more than Orchard Road as I like bargain shopping. Plus, I was also getting dizzy and confused since Orchard Road has so many malls, hehe. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. sis mag kalapit lang ba ang Bugis Street at Orchard? walking distance lang?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mel
    - Thanks. ^_^ I really like its cute and unique design.

    @Diane
    - Di ko sure sis kung kaya bang lakarin e. :( Nagtaxi kasi kami hanggang Orchard Road.

    ReplyDelete

 
 

Statistics

Proudly Pinoy!
free counters

Counters

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines