Friday, February 25, 2011

Thailand Day 6: OMG! I saw Bae Yong Jun! :D

February 7, 2011
"THE LAST DAY"

On our final day in Thailand, I saw Korean actor Bae Yong Jun!!! :D For those who are not familiar with his name, he was the leading actor in Endless Love: Winter Sonata.

with Bae Yong Jun :)

But before that fateful meeting, my mom and I had the chance to visit Jim Thompson House, less than 5 minutes walk from Lub D Siam! ;) The entrance fee is 100 baht which includes an English guided tour.

Jim Thompson House

This popular tourist spot does not only showcase teakwood houses and antique furniture but it also lets us take a peek into the life of Jim Thompson, an American expat who revived the silk industry in Thailand. Unfortunately, Jim Thompson can no longer see the popularity of his home by the canal because he mysteriously disappeared in the Cameron Highlands on March 1967. :(
 
Jim Thompson House
A spirit house

Jim Thompson House
This lovely balcony faces the front of the canal.

Jim Thompson House
You can also buy beautiful items made from silk in the Jim Thompson store.

Afterwards, we were off to Siam Ocean World located at the basement of the upscale Siam Paragon mall. For only 800 baht, we were able to avail of the glass bottom boat tour, back of the house tour, fish spa plus free popcorn and pepsi. :)

Though I have been to Manila Ocean Park before, I did not get bored of this place because:

Siam Ocean World
I was amazed by the stingrays

Siam Ocean World
It was my first time to see water rats

Siam Ocean World
I got to experience many colorful fish swim around me

Siam Ocean World
I saw myself on TV with some jellyfish

Siam Ocean World
I had a close encounter with a shark

Siam Ocean World

Siam Ocean World
Best of all, I got the chance to see penguins in real life! ^___^

And as for my encounter with Bae Yong Jun, I admit that I have been sneaky with you guys. I did see Bae Yong Jun but it was not the real one, hehe. It was only a wax figure! :D

Bae Yong Jun

Bae Yong Jun

The wax figure was displayed at the lobby of Siam Discovery Mall to promote the newly opened branch of Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. I guess this is how popular Korean actors are in Thailand that he was used instead of a Hollywood actor. :)  I wish that next time, I will meet the real life Bae Yong Jun! ^_^

Well, that's the end of my Thailand trip chronicles. :) I do hope that you enjoyed reading my stories about Thailand and that I helped in some way in planning your itinerary. Thank you very much for visiting my blog. Take care and have a nice weekend! ^_^

13 comments:

  1. who wouldn't go gaga over the penguins in real life! kala ko sa antarctica lang ako makakakita nyan.. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, nice one! akala ko si bae yong jun na talaga. super crush ko kasi yun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gusto rin naming makakita ng penguin.. hehe! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one you cheat (just kidding).Thailand is one of the places I would recommend anyone to visit. Lovely people, great food and breath taking resorts. Oh and don't forget the shopping.....

    Though I'm not quite sure about the penguins...hhhhmmmmm?

    Cheers
    Mrs Ted

    ReplyDelete
  5. But in pictures, it seems that you were actually with him. I would have believe you actually met him if you didn't say otherwise LOL! Is that his real height? boy, he's tall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I was soo envious of you meeting him haha... but wax figure or not I want a pic ! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, muntik na ko mapeke dun a. fan din kasi ko ng winter sonata, pa emote emote pa ko sa teleserye na yun, hahay. Nakakainggit ang trip nyo, waaahhh!!! sana makarating din ako dyan

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Chyng - korek! nakakaaliw talaga sila lalo na nung nakita ko silang nagswimming. yung iba naman parang statue lang, hehe ^_^

    @Sheng - hehe, yup mukhang totoo talaga siya. Nung pinost ko sa fb akala din ng iba totoo, hehe

    @MarLiesTravels - hello! :D Punta kayo sa sunod sa Siam Ocean World para maenjoy nyong makita ang mga penguins ^_^

    @mrsted-lifemystery - I agree! Thailand is one of the places that I would also recommend to others. Hehe. Regarding the penguins, the one with me in the pic are just statues while the real penguins are the ones inside the big aquarium ;)

    @ChewonThis - Yup, it does seem like a true person and not a wax figure, hehe. I think the height of his wax figure was based on his real height. I'm only 4'10 so people usually tower over me, hehehe :D

    @Mihai - Come to Siam Discovery and take a pic too ^_^ I think in Korea there is also a village or something dedicated to scenes in popular Korean dramas like Winter Sonata :D

    @Yen - hehe ako din. napaemote ako sa Winter Sonata. Don't worry. Makakarating ka din ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a nice Thailand trip it gave me many ideas to see and to do in Bangkok. Meron din palang oceanariums sa BKK. All over the world na ata ang mga oceanariums...

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! Thailand.
    i wish i could go there soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ian - Thanks Ian! :) Yup, mukhang all over the world na nga ang oceanariums.

    @Nuelenegallos - Don't worry. Someday makakapunta din po kayo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! Nice one! Kala ko totoo nga..

    ReplyDelete

 
 

Statistics

Proudly Pinoy!
free counters

Counters

Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines