In Siem Reap, there are a lot of accommodation options. Our main criteria was a guesthouse with a price within our budget and of course, a great location. I am happy that we made the right choice to stay in Prohm Roth Guesthouse. Below are the reasons why this guesthouse is highly recommended.
1.) Affordable and Clean Rooms - For only 15 dollars a night, we got to stay in a very big and clean room which has two beds, TV, refrigerator and bathroom. Pickup from the bus station is also free. :)
Sorry, the other bed was cluttered with our things.
2.) Cozy Interior - What I like about staying here is that it feels like staying at home. There is even a cozy second floor living room area.
Relax in a Lounge Chair
3.) Friendly Staff - From the initial inquiry thru email, Meang was very accommodating. It was also nice that he knew some Tagalog words since he studied in Makati. Upon arriving at the guesthouse, he made sure that we knew our way around Pub Street and the Angkor Night Market by letting one of his staff accompany us. Meang also booked us really awesome seats for the Apsara and cultural show in Koulen II Restaurant. We were surprised but happy to be placed smack at the side of the stage that we could see the performance clearly.
Our seats were so near the stage. :)
Also, Meang's uncle, brothers and staff were also very friendly. They would always smile at us and greet us everytime we came back from the guesthouse. It was service with a personal touch. ^_^
Meang's Uncle, Mommy, Me, Meang's Brothers and Meang
4.) Great Location - If you want to be near Pub Street, Old Market and the Angkor Night Market, look no more. Staying in this guesthouse makes it so convenient to go to these places. You do not need to hail a tuktuk. You just need to walk for about 3 minutes and there you are in the Pub Street Area where there are plenty of restaurants. Here is a video so you can see how close the guesthouse is:
It is so easy to just go out to eat or shop, go back to the guesthouse and out again! ^_^
Only 3 minutes walk to Pub Street
Only 3 minutes walk to Pub Street
Old Market
I hope this review of mine would help you consider staying in Prohm Roth Guesthouse. I guarantee that staying here is money well spent and you will get to experience warm Khmer hospitality.
For more information, please visit the Prohm Roth Guesthouse website at http://prohmroth-guesthouse.com. You can also send an email to Meang at prohmroth_guesthouse@yahoo.com / smart_khmer@yahoo.com or text him at +855 12 466 495. ^__^
For more information, please visit the Prohm Roth Guesthouse website at http://prohmroth-guesthouse.com. You can also send an email to Meang at prohmroth_guesthouse@yahoo.com / smart_khmer@yahoo.com or text him at +855 12 466 495. ^__^

















I've always believed its the people and the servic eyou got that makes a place special. This really looks like a great place to stay in. =)
ReplyDeleteNice nga, I'll take note of that. Since experience is permanent hotel service matters to me, :)
ReplyDeletevery affordable for $15 a night...
ReplyDeleteyou're lucky to have found such an affordable, decent and well located accommodation! hope we could also find such place in our next out of the country trip..
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip! Will keep that in mind when I do my Cambodia adventure ;)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, Maybe
@The Average Jane - Yup, good service makes a place shine. :)
ReplyDelete@Yen - My experience in Prohm Roth is great. I rarely make accommodation reviews so if I make a review, it means that I really like that certain hostel. :)
@Michi -Yup, it's very affordable. Compared to other countries, accommodation in Siem Reap is really cheap. :)
@MarLies Travels - Yes, it's good to find such a nice accommodation because sometimes bad accommodation can spoil a trip. :( I usually read reviews in tripadvisor and hostelworld so maybe you can also base your accommodation from the reviews there. :)
@Joei - You're welcome. :) Can't wait to read your Cambodia adventure in the future. ^_^
@